Thursday, March 23, 2006

And Striking Pancakes....with a different word order

Hey everyone. Once again I have things to say so listen up! First off I´m going to commit a preemptive birthday strike to Laura Pederson. Laura I wish you well in all that you do and I hope writing that five page paper on your birthday isn´t too horrible for you.



Alright, so today I ate sixteen pancakes.




























Yeah, I´m just letting that sink in, because it was no easy feat. Granted they weren´t the giant Perkin´s pancakes, but they weren´t that small either, so I was pretty proud of that. I was home alone with my host brother this morning and he got off to an early start and whipped up ten and put them on a plate for me. Now, I think that I eat pancakes faster than anyone I know and it´s all because of my style. First I butter, then I cut, then I syrup, then I eat. Now, the cutting part is by far the most important. When I eat pancakes I don´t want to hassel with picking up the knife every other bite. To get around this disturbance I cut everything at once so to have unobstructed pancake eating bliss. Some have told me that eating food to fast contributes to heatburn (which I get from time to time) but this has been no incentive for me to change. It´s just that this is how I get down.....with pancakes.

Anyway, if you thought that was extra special, your right. But, I have been up to other stuff too. For Easter and actually all of Holy Week, I´ll be on a mission trip with my school and we´ve been getting ready for that. We´ll be going to some little town, possibly where the majority of the people only speak Quitchwa (a native Andean language) so that should be something new. Also there´s a good chance that there will be no running water or electricity so hurray for candles and wells!

Oh, and another thing that´s going on here is that a lot of the indiginous people are striking and putting up road blocks all along the highways and stuff becuase they´re against a trade agreement with the US, so right now we´re in a state of emergancy. So it sucks that all of that is going on, but one good thing is that I haven´t had school for the past two days, but I´ve still been able to hand out with friends and stuff. So woot!

Anyway, I´ll make that it for now. Oh and for those of you who don´t know, we finally picked a new name for my band: it´s Capes of Lead, a part taken from Dante´s Inferno. So that´s it! Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger sirueth said...

hey hey hey! i love pancakes and i now want some... I hope you have fun on your mission trip! wahoo! March sucks...poo

-Siri

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home