The Great Gringo Search....Also I Was Inside A Volcano
Hey everyone, I hope that everything´s going well. I´m doing alright and I guess I have a few things to talk about. I don´t think that I have any new birthday shoutouts right now, but if I´m missing someone, sorry and happy birthday!
Anyway, I think I´ll start right in with what the title of this blog´s about. The other day I got an assignment in my English class to go out and ask foreigners some questions (by the way, there a lot here, but known mostly as ¨gringos¨). Well, seeing that English is my native mother tounge (yeah that´s right) I got a little company from a few of my classmates when I went out looking for ¨gringos¨. Anyway, it didn´t take long to find some and I met some really interesting people. Actually the first person I talked to first thought I was trying to sell here something and then totally blew me off, so that was somewhat of a setback. Anyway, one of my friends spotted a gringa (the feminin form of gringo) on the terris of a hotel just watching people walk by. So I shouted up to her and asked if she spoke English and if I could ask her a few questions for school. Suprisingly enough she came down and talked to me.
Her name was Holly from Chicago and she was touring the world with her husband for 15 months. I was like ¨holy crap!¨ Anyway, that was pretty interesting right? But after her I found two sweet elderly couples: one from Scotland and another from Australia, and they live on a boat and for the past five years they have been traveling the whole world. This year they are ¨visiting the pacific¨! Have you ever heard anyone say that?! They said they wanted to see the world before they became too old, so I´d have to say that´s on my top ten list of coolest things ever.
Anyway, the other part of this title happened as follows: So last weekend I went to the 18th annual mass for my host dad´s dead mother. Well we had to travel pretty far to get there, and we past a bunch of cool stuff on the way, but there´s a little nacional park near the city where the mass was, and it´s inside of the crator of a volcano. That´s right, I was inside a volcano. That sounds really sweet but it wasn´t quite what it sounds like. So it´s really common for inactive volcanos (at least here) to form lakes in the crators, so I got to go on a one dollar tour around the lake, see bubbling sulfur water and take some sweet pictures, so that will be something for you all to look forward to seeing.
Also my school is getting internet, so I´ll be able to hook up my laptop and hopefully post some pictures soon so look out for that! Anyway, I guess that´s it for now. Oh and I know that I´ve said that my spelling in English is getting bad, but it´s taking a new leap. It took me a good few minutes of thinking, followed by a good few minutes of searching in my dictionary for the word ¨ghost¨. So you don´t think so poorly of me, I in fact failed in my dictionary search and remembered instead that ¨ghost¨ in fact isn´t spelled phonetically and indeed has an ¨H¨ in it.
But ok, really that´s it so I guess have a good one everybody!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home